What Does Tab Tell You?
- Tab tells you what notes to play – it tells which string to hit and which fret it is at.
- Tab will tell you where hammer-ons, pull-offs, bends, slides, harmonics and vibrato are used.
- Tab will tell you what tunning the piece is in. If this is not given explicitly, assume normal tuning.
- Tab should also give you information on use of capos etc.
- TAB or tabulature is a method of writing down music played on guitar or bass. Instead of using symbols like in standard musical notation , it uses ordinary alphabetical characters and numbers, making it ideal for places like the internet where anybody with any computer can look up, copy a TAB file, and read it.
What Tab Does Not Tell You?
- Tab generally does not tell you the note lengths of the notes – so in most cases you will have to listen to the song or music piece yourself, with the TAB in front of you to work out the rhythm of the notes.
- Tab also does not tell you which fingers you should use to fret which note.
- Tab will generally not tell you anything about picking and strumming – you will have to decide for yourself where to use upstrokes /downstrokes and so on.
Are you a Guitar Beginner? How great it would be if you could learn guitar siting at home in front of your computer from the World's 65 top guitar teachers? Yeah I know it would be awesome. Join the 250k+ guitarists who are already learning guitar this way by watching 3000+ HD guitar video lessons online. Just Click Here To Know What I'm Talking About!
Free Ultimate Guitar Resources Combo For BeginnersJust enter your email address below and get...
- Daily guitar tips for beginners to your inbox (worth $39)
- Learn The Guitar - eBook (worth $39)
- Guitar Chords Chart Reference - eBook (worth $10)
- 20 Top Guitar Tips - eBook (worth $10)
- 8 Easy Hindi Guitar Songs For Beginners - eBook (worth $10)
... all this stuff for FREE - just for the readers of MySixStringsBlog.com!